This year's "Südtirol hilft" charity wine "LUMINA" comes from St. Pauls winery.
In the nasal aroma, delicate notes of elderflower, pear, white peach and fresh mountain herbs. On the palate the wine is juicy, mineral and complex with a long finish. The interplay of Pinot Blanc, Chardonnay and Sauvignon blanc, combined with the advantages of the almost Mediterranean climate and the nighttime winds blowing down from the Mendel Ridge, define this characterful and multifaceted cuvée. The extended aging on the fine lees in large wood barrels supports its complexity and aging potential.
- Terroir Gravelly, partially loamy Dolomite limestone soils around St. Pauls are the origin of LUMINA.
- Vinification Separate harvesting and fermentation in stainless steel tanks, gentle whole-cluster pressing, natural settling of the must, fine lees aging in large wooden barrels for 10 months.
- Pairing recommendations Ideal as an aperitif, with appetizers, spicy meat dishes, tartare, seafood, veal, and poultry dishes.
- Alcohol content 13.5 % vol.
- Ingredients contains sulfites